cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

How to test speed test on a router?

ohforce55
Level 1
Level 1

Recently, Cogent installed their modem (100M) in our data center.

I finished ping test on our router but don't know how to see if the speed is 100M.

I tested directly from my pc to the model using speedtest.net which is not accurate.. I'd like to test from the end device(router).

I heard there is a tool to test speed and to check the duplex status through a router.

I will appreciate if you can answer me the question.

Thank you in advance.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Hi

I have used WAN killer tool from Solarwinds before to tests the bandwidth. 

>> Marcar como Ćŗtil o contestado, si la respuesta resolviĆ³ la duda, esto ayuda a futuras consultas de otros miembros de la comunidad. <<

View solution in original post

7 Replies 7

Hi

I have used WAN killer tool from Solarwinds before to tests the bandwidth. 

>> Marcar como Ćŗtil o contestado, si la respuesta resolviĆ³ la duda, esto ayuda a futuras consultas de otros miembros de la comunidad. <<

I will try to use that. Thank you!

Hi

It was a pleasure,

have a great day!

:-)

Reza Sharifi
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

You can ask Cogent to run a test and give you the results.  This is how the providers measure the speed.  Say you got a 100Mb link to Internet. The provider will test from your router directly to their router (point to point between 2 devices) and not from a PC behind your router to somewhere on the Internet as they are not and can't control when a packet leaves their router.  

HTH

Thank you for your reply.

Raja_D
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

You can have the the service provider to get the BERT(Bit error ratio test) report done to get the exact speed of the link that is terminated at your DC.

Thank you for your reply.

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card