cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

HWIC-AP-AG compatibility

radiomean
Level 1
Level 1

Hi, I am trying to use a HWIC-AP-AG in either an 1841 or 1921 router.

The card does not seem to be recognised in either - I would expect one of the routers to recognise it (many HWIC cards are ok in the EHWIC slots in the 1921).

Any thoughts on compatibility are appreciated!

Cheers, Bill

7 Replies 7

radiomean
Level 1
Level 1

In my 1841, I also get an error message of - 'Unknown WIC in slot(0/0), wic card has an unknown id of 0x491' and if I try to start configuring the card with:

conf t
int dot11radio0 or radio1
I just get invalid input ...

ALSO, I should add the four leds on the card light - but dimly - almost as soon as the router is powered on. I think this is a *bad* sign...

marce1000
VIP
VIP

- Use the latest software version available on the router, check if that helps.

M.

-- ' 'Good body every evening' ' this sentence was once spotted on a logo at the entrance of a Weight Watchers Club !

Thanks for the reply but the card is over 10 years old so I doubt it's the IOS version.

I am on 15.5 or later on the 1921 anyway, which is fairly recent.

Cheers!

- For such issues you have to really verify.

M.

-- ' 'Good body every evening' ' this sentence was once spotted on a logo at the entrance of a Weight Watchers Club !

OK, I think the issue is two fold:

a) The HWIC-AP card is not supported on the ISR G2s (1900 etc)

b) I think I need IOS T releases for the 1841 router? (I am currently running an M release, but I do have a T release to try...)

Comments?

Ref : https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/products/collateral/interfaces-modules/1800-2800-3800-series-ap-ag-802-11a-b-g-high-speed-wan-interface-card/product_data_sheet0900aecd8028cc7b.html

Cisco 1800 (Modular) Series

1st release of Cisco IOS 12.4(2) T

So for  the 1800 you will have to try the T-release

From the table marked  Supported Router Platforms I can not see any support for the 1900 and or 19xx

M.

Thanks, it works with T release on my 1841...

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card