cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

I have a Cisco C1101L-4P & a C1101-4P. What's the difference?

johnbarrets
Level 1
Level 1

I can't find anything out there regarding the "L" version. I opened up both ISR routers, they are otherwise identical except for the "L" version has about 6-8 soldered pin-out connectors. The C1101-4P doesn't have the pin out connectors (soldered closed).

Anyone know what it is? Otherwise, I can't tell the difference between the two.

Apologies if this is not the correct community forum. My first time posting, and I made a good faith effort in trying to select what I thought was most appropriate.

Thank you.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

@johnbarrets non of your serials on chassis or board listed under cisco's coverage list. please check with the cisco partner who bought these devices from. you need to verify the authenticity of this device first.

Please rate this and mark as solution/answer, if this resolved your issue
Good luck
KB

View solution in original post

10 Replies 10

hi @johnbarrets frankly i dont see any SKU as 1101L. can you share captures of model number in device or output of

#sh version

of these devices?

Good luck
KB

I don't have console access atm. I'll share some pictures. Frankly, it was an odd ebay item that I didn't expect to actually power up. 

I bought a second one, the C1101-4P which isn't difficult to find specifications. I will see if I can finagle a way to log into the "L" router or factory reset it. A bit rusty, I have not used Cisco equipment in about 10 years. Kind of excited, though its just a little corporate or home router, I mostly wanted it for network segmentation. 

@johnbarrets ok waiting for your pictures on model and serial.

Good luck
KB

Hello
These seem to be the only ISR models showing on the cisco datasheet for the C110X's

C1101-4P
C1101-4PLTEP
C1101-4PLTEPW

Please rate and mark as an accepted solution if you have found any of the information provided useful.
This then could assist others on these forums to find a valuable answer and broadens the community’s global network.

Kind Regards
Paul

Here is the C1101L-4P (is labeled as such on the front)

Thanks much for any assistance 

Stick the serial number into the Cisco Device Checker.

I suspect this is a C959-2PLTEUS.

Interesting. An LTE? I think you are right. Will do, much appreciated 

After examined further, it’s not that model, a C959-2PLTEUS. It is a 4PLTE C1101 as it has 4 ports. I have a very weird cobbled together router off eBay or it was “modified.”

Regardless, no chance this will ever plug into my network.

@johnbarrets non of your serials on chassis or board listed under cisco's coverage list. please check with the cisco partner who bought these devices from. you need to verify the authenticity of this device first.

Good luck
KB

I noticed a few things. On the bottom, the big white Cisco sticker (like 3x3”?) is gone without evidence of it ever existing.

Another label is placed on top of another label on the bottom of the router and another lists it as a 2P, but it is actually a 4P.

The other stickers are less white than the others. 

It’s a suspicious router imo. Got it off eBay. Pretty sure it’s the LTE but w/o the LTE components.

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card