cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

I have a network of multiple ISP's network

mzahidr786
Level 1
Level 1

If any body please tell me how can I verify that which one is the primary link or default network, because I have a cisco network switch connected to 3 different routers (with different ISP's network).

Hope to hear soon from experts

Regard,

Zahid

5 Replies 5

paolo bevilacqua
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Can you get help from someone that know the matter? Because it would take ages to explain you what is what in networking.

CSCO11593588
Level 1
Level 1

Zahid Khan, What switch do you have? (layer 2, layer 3) You need to add individual routes for each path and then enable tracking, if the first link goes down the second will take over and so forth.

If you have enabled Dynamic Routing protocol (EIGRP etc.) with your routers then you are safe toload balance with your links.

One more thing is "show ip route" can help you to identify the path.

Thanks for replying, Mr.Hasibullah Riaz,
I am using show ip route command alreay but little bit confused, actually I have a network which is connected by 3 ISP' network, Network 1, Network 2 and Network 3, I am having 01 switch and 01 router that are connected, now my question is that how i can verify from which network of ISP I primarily connected (default network) and ofcourse rest of ISP's Network are just load balancing, if down the primary network then I connected to other ISP's network,
So, I am not able to verify which ISP's network is the primary link or default network, among these three networks. I am waiting for your kind response
Regards,
Zahid

Further you asked me to which switch I am

using,

So, I am using Cisco C3550 layer 3 switch

Regards,

Zahid

gilly0106
Level 1
Level 1

Wow, theres a few different options that could exist depending on your setup, for example if your L3 switch is simply using BGP (routing protocol)connected to 3 different ISP's , each ISP could be prefered differently for individual destinations as one ISP may have a better path to that destination that the other.

Dependant on your configuration you could be doing any combination of weird and wonderful things.

If you apply a "show run" ,look for type of routing protocol running on your external interfaces. Also look for a default route in your config.

Simon

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card