Views
Helpful
Replies

Image failed digital signature verification

jeevak mukadam
Level 1
Level 1

Hello,

We accidently lost ios for 2960-x switch and i tried to upload new one via xmodem rommon mode. I  copied new ios from other switch and also download from cisco website but in both the caseafter "boot flash:image.bin" command it ends with follwoing error.

Loading "flash:/c2960x-universalk9-mz.150-2a.EX5.bin"...Verifying image flash:/c2960x-universalk9-mz.150-2a.EX5.bin...............................................................................................................................................................................................................

........................................................................Image failed digital signature verification

Thanks a lot advance

18 Replies 18

This BS is still happening with latest IOS. Hey Cisco.. how bout fixing this after so many years.. Maybe Juniper is the way to go these days.

Satwant Singh
Level 1
Level 1

This the problem with platform mismatch. Please cross check the platform and ios. This same happened with me few days back, when i uploaded the universalk9-mz.150-2a.EX5.bin image to 2960x lan base switch. Result, verification failed and it stuck in rommon. 

You can run the 'reset' command in rommon  to get back your old one and again upgrade the correct one.

Platform mismatch is an interesting possibility for an explanation for this symptom.

Reset is an interesting possibility of how to resolve this problem.

HTH

Rick

HTH

Rick

I just ran across this same issue on the same switch and nearly the same version.  Literally all I did was re-download the image from Cisco, put it on the same USB stick I had used to upload it before, and re-copied it using the same method as the first attempt, and it worked.  I can't explain it.

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card