Views
Helpful
Replies

interconnect two Ports from same Router

dfce
Level 1
Level 1

Hello,

i have Cisco NCS5504 Router with Cisco IOS XR Software, Version 7.7.2.

im trying to connect two ports togother internally  from the Same Router, lets say its Port 1 and 2, if i send something to port 1 it will forward it to port 2.

in my Case i have an Measuring device, and i connect it with port 1 and 2 from same Device and i try to make loop Test from my Measuring device.

what will be the Solution  for such case ?

if xconnect with evpn is a Solution for this case, what will be the config?

Thank you

Titoss

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Hi @dfce ,

This feature is called local switching and it is the right way to cross connect two local ports.

https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/support/docs/routers/asr-9000-series-aggregation-services-routers/116453-technote-ios-xr-l2vpn-00.html#anc10

Regards,

Harold Ritter
Sr Technical Leader
CCIE 4168 (R&S, SP)
harold@cisco.com
México móvil: +52 1 55 8312 4915
Cisco México
Paseo de la Reforma 222
Piso 19
Cuauhtémoc, Juárez
Ciudad de México, 06600
México

View solution in original post

7 Replies 7

Hi

Router interface is not like switch unless this router has the command switchport.  Or did you put IP address on each port and is trying to ping each other?

hi Flavio,

it not has the command switch port, and i didnt put ip address on any port case i want to use it for Layer 2 .

the only thing i tried until now, i made a xconnect grout p2p, and i put these 2 interfaces in this group, after this i config on the interfaces l2transport.

i can see output and input on interfaces, but im not sure if this the Right way .

Hi @dfce ,

This feature is called local switching and it is the right way to cross connect two local ports.

https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/support/docs/routers/asr-9000-series-aggregation-services-routers/116453-technote-ios-xr-l2vpn-00.html#anc10

Regards,

Harold Ritter
Sr Technical Leader
CCIE 4168 (R&S, SP)
harold@cisco.com
México móvil: +52 1 55 8312 4915
Cisco México
Paseo de la Reforma 222
Piso 19
Cuauhtémoc, Juárez
Ciudad de México, 06600
México

Hi Harold,

thank you thats was Helpful for me .

Regards

balaji.bandi
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

what kind of testing you looking to do, are you looking performance of the router can send the traffic using ports ?

you mean back to back connect port 1 and port 2 ? where your test device connect to perform the testings ?

BB

***** Rate All Helpful Responses *****

How to Ask The Cisco Community for Help

i want to test what can i see on my Measuring device which information, and i mean to make like single loop traffic test.

Measuring device-->Cisco NCS5504 --> the same Measuring device but on another Module 

like this can i make like loop to test using 2 ports from my Cisco NCS5504 Device .

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card