Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Internet Pool Ip Adrress with Switch cisco 3750

I have a Cisco 3750 switch connected to a Cisco 800 router from an ISP provider (I do not have access to this router). I need to provide internet connection to a network through vlan of the same 3750 switch.
The ISP provider has given me a pool ip adress / 29. What I need to do? I have reviewed the NAT option but the 3750 switch does not support it.

4 Replies 4

balaji.bandi
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

yes 3750 do not have NAT, you need find Small router between ISP Router and Your switch for NAT Translation.

Look at small Business routers

https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/products/routers/small-business-rv-series-routers/index.html

BB

***** Rate All Helpful Responses *****

How to Ask The Cisco Community for Help

Hello

unless you can get the provider to accommodate your new vlan/subnet or you introduce a rtr of your own you won’t be able to doing anything unfortunately.

Please rate and mark as an accepted solution if you have found any of the information provided useful.
This then could assist others on these forums to find a valuable answer and broadens the community’s global network.

Kind Regards
Paul

Jaderson Pessoa
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Hello,

Maybe you can do it with a firewall that running though linux or freebsd, like pfsense or iptables. If you have hability for it.

Regards,

Jaderson Pessoa
*** Rate All Helpful Responses ***

The original poster tells us that

The ISP provider has given me a pool ip adress / 29

but does not tell us what, if anything, he has done with that pool of addresses. Can the original poster clarify whether he has done anything with that pool of addresses? Is it possible that that pool could be used for the subnet for the vlan that needs Internet access?

HTH

Rick

HTH

Rick
Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card