cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

IOS lack of clarity on features/commands on IP Base and other licenses.

mrrussell
Level 1
Level 1

Hi there is a lack of clarity on the features and commands that are available on various router IOS licenses (IP Base, APPx, IPsec etc on say 4000 series), so it is difficult to be clear that only an IP Base version is needed, leading to purchasing possible unneeded additional licenses (to ensure Right to Use status.

When using the feature comparison tool on CCO again not clear, BFD for instance has some features on IP Base only and others need AppX. The tool short lists features and no commands (Lots of work is needed to Identify what commands match the feature in the tool and whether your implementation uses those extra license features).  Also some basic NBAR works without APPX but not its not clear. DMVPN needs IPsec even if there is no encryption.  Many more examples too on the routing protocols.  Is there a better way/place to identify which commands match which license. Particularly what you get with IP Base only?

Thanks Mick

1 Reply 1

Philip D'Ath
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

I disagree.

I find the "Cisco Feature Navigator" very detailed and gives the exact answers.

ps. DMVPN does not need IPSec (have deployed this myself in this exact configuration).

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card