cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

IOS Required for 2591 support IPv6

CliveAllen
Level 1
Level 1

I have 2 x C2961 Routers that are running IOS ver: flash:c2691-i-mz.123-13.bin --- (C2691-I-M), Version 12.3(13)

Under conf t I have no IPv6 commands available as shown below:

Router(config)#ip?
ip  ipc

I need to be able to utilise IPv6 and need to upgrade the IOS. However, there does not appear to be any support from Cisco anymore for the 2691. I need this urgently as this is all I have available to test IPv6 from a PPP client through an ISP network to another client the other end...

Can someone let me know where I could get ver: c2691-adventerprisek9-mz.124-25d.bin  please?

1 Accepted Solution
3 Replies 3

Hi Mark

Much appreciated. Worked like a charm, although I made a basic error I managed to fix it.... error, so no-one else makes the same mistake, is as follows:

When using a new IOS, make sure you have the flash space. I only had 32m and the new file was 44..... of course, I asked to delete the contents of flash and then found I had no IOS to boot from... great.... Rommon only.... Still, took me back to the old days of how to get over that issue..... I used teraterm, something I haven't used in a very long time.... and then "xmodem" .... hahahaha .... yes, that joyous protocol that excels at speed transference (Not).... so, connect your console, set your baud rates, from the rommon command prompt type "xmodem <filename>".... on TeraTerm, click on file, xmodem, transfer, start.... name the filename, click start.... go and have 20 cups of coffee while waiting for 5 hours to transfer a 10mb IOS (The original one).... still, got it all sorted and now have IPv6... so, thank you very much Mark 

cool glad you got it sorted
Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card