Views
Helpful
Replies

ip changed every time i reset the router 860

evgenie.daniel1
Level 1
Level 1

hello

i have a cisco 860 router. it serves local network but he has public ip that i connect via SSH.

my local network is based of SW and AP. every time the router looses its power and when the power returns the SW and AP receives different ip than before. but if the router is online all the time and i make reboot to the AP and SW the ip of the AP and SW stays as it was before. is there a configuration that i can add to the router?

see the show conf.

11 Replies 11

Leo Laohoo
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame
It is the WAN link that changes IP address, isn't it?
The WAN link is from a provider that offers static or dynamic DSL plan, isn't it?

no,

Wan stays fixed - permanent. 

Only IP that in the DHCP pool changes every time the router reboots.

Hi

Try to set up the IP manually or make DHCP reservation. 

http://www.jjohnstonit.com/wp/2012/05/setup-dhcp-reservation-on-cisco-routerswitch/

If you note there is a 01 before the MAC address, it represents Ethernet medium. You should not have dynamic IP for the SW and AP if you want to manage them. 

Hope it is useful. 

:-)

>> Marcar como útil o contestado, si la respuesta resolvió la duda, esto ayuda a futuras consultas de otros miembros de la comunidad. <<

already tried. it does not work.

Hello,

have you tried manual bindings ? Below is a sample config. Instead of 'hardware-address' you can also use 'client-identifier':

ip dhcp pool AP
host 192.168.1.10 255.255.255.0
hardware-address 015c.969d.74ef.a7
default-router 192.168.1.1
dns-server 8.8.8.8 8.8.4.4
lease infinite

ip dhcp pool SWITCH
host 192.168.2.10 255.255.255.0
hardware-address 015c.969d.74ef.a7
default-router 192.168.2.1
dns-server 8.8.8.8 8.8.4.4
lease infinite

already tried. it does not work.

Hello,

you tried the manual binding with the client identifier ? Can you post that config ?

manual binding only works for one IP versus one MAC.

Hi

That is correct, it is like dhcp reservation on windows server for specific host, how are you applying that?

>> Marcar como útil o contestado, si la respuesta resolvió la duda, esto ayuda a futuras consultas de otros miembros de la comunidad. <<

but i have 40 clients to reserve. applying one IP is like that:

ip dhcp pool "poolname"

host x.x.x.x /24

client-identifier xx:xx:xx:xx:xx:xx

Hello,

you need to configure a database agent, which means you transfer the bindings database to an external device, where it is stored and not lost during reboots:

https://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/ios/12_4t/ip_addr/configuration/guide/htdhcpsv.html#wp1061906

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card