cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

IR809 redundant WAN?

seanwaite
Level 1
Level 1

Can anyone verify for me that the IR809 routers do WAN fail-over? Specifically we are looking to do the Ethernet as primary with cellular as backup for both WAN connectivity as well as redundant tunnel. I did previously see a while back that it does support IP SLA, what I am concerned with and need to be 100% certain is that this is not restricted to just cellular only, or something of that nature. Also, is this included in Base license?

3 Replies 3

Hello,

the ISR 809 can do WAN failover. IP SLA requires only the Universal image, which is what (most likely) is installed by default on your device. It has two GigabitEthernet interfaces, so WAN failover with one of those interfaces or the cellular is possible.

Hello,

I checked again, Spooster IT is right. According to this table, you need the Cisco 800 Series Industrial Routers Data License (SL-IR800-DATA-K9) for IP SLA support.

http://www.cisco.com/c/dam/en/us/td/docs/switches/metro/me1200/icli/configuration/guide/me1200-iCLI-config-guide.pdf

Hi Seanwaite,

Yes, IR809 support WAN failover with Ethernet as primary and Cellular as secondary.

But you need license higher that base license to support IP SLA. 

Spooster IT Services Team
Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card