Views
Helpful
Replies

ISP Migration without downtime?

network_user
Level 1
Level 1

Hello,

Is it possible to migrate from one ISP to another with out any downtime? I have some NATs and some L2L VPNs on current ISP. I have a new public subnet from new ISP. My current default route is static route to current ISP. I have a BGP default from new ISP, but its not installed in routing table becasue of RIB failure. Is there a way I can move all the NATs and VPNs to new ISP with keeping the default to current ISP?

I tried policy route map but it does not work since the routing decision happens before the NAT and so all the routing goes to current ISP by default.

Is it even possible to do the migration without downtime?

Thank you.

2 Replies 2

vishal vyas
Level 1
Level 1

RIB failure is happening due to manual static route in your router which has a higher preference than route leaned via BGP, so if you remove your static route then router will add BGP default route as a valid route in its routing table. 

You need to use new ISP's public ip address in your nat(pat) statement in stead of old ISP's address, same thing with VPSs' configuration.

Hello,

I am aware that the bgp defualt is not getting injected because of the statis default route to the current ISP. However, I was wondering if there is a way I can still move the NATs and VPNs over to new ISP before I can change the default route? I would like to know if there is a way I can do this migration without any downtime. 

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card