Views
Helpful
Replies

ISR 4351 + Ethernet Switch Module

Tony T.
Level 1
Level 1

Hello-

I have a ISR 4351, IOS XE version 3.16.4b.s, with a 24 port ethernet switch module inserted. I tried logging into the switch module with the "service-module gi-1/0 session" command  but that didn't work. So looked through the commands (?) at the exec mode and found "hw-module session gi-1/0" command. That worked and allowed me to access the switch module.

However, once in the switch module I could NOT use Ctrl+Shift+6+x. I tried pressing those characters at the same time, and even pressing Ctrl+Shift+6, then x, but nothing worked. I then tried rebooting the switch module in hopes of the device putting back at the router exec mode CLI but that didn't work either. I actually had to hard boot the router itself to get back to the router exec mode CLI.

I did all of this in my lab environment, so it's not a big deal. But I can't reboot the whole router in production. Can someone help me with this? I searched all over for something online but couldn't find anything that specifically mentions switch module for IOS XE (ISR 4351). 

Thanks in advance for your assistance.

Tony

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

balaji.bandi
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

i may be missed here - not sure what terminal client you using, putty or secure CRT ? or any other ?

baudrate is : 9600

parity is : none

databits are : 8

flowcontrol : none

May be you can try :

Ctrl-a and Ctrl-q

BB

***** Rate All Helpful Responses *****

How to Ask The Cisco Community for Help

View solution in original post

4 Replies 4

balaji.bandi
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

i may be missed here - not sure what terminal client you using, putty or secure CRT ? or any other ?

baudrate is : 9600

parity is : none

databits are : 8

flowcontrol : none

May be you can try :

Ctrl-a and Ctrl-q

BB

That worked, thank you so much. If you don't mind me asking, where did you discover that?

Tony

we use normally at the workplace and it should be documented in cisco documentation also.

BB

Hello,

I think when you access the module, it tells you how to exit. It should look something like below:

Router# hw-module session 1/0

Establishing session connect to subslot 1/0

To exit, type ^a^q

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card