cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

ISR C1111-4PWE not broadcasting CiscoAirProvision SSID :(

happymango24
Level 1
Level 1

Received a brand new ISR 1100 series(PID in title). As an assignment, I'm trying to set up the internal AP for wireless connectivity in a computer lab. Connected an ethernet cable to the g0/0/1 interface its up. Also enabled the wlan0/1/4 interface.
Went ahead to enter the #hw-module session 0/2 command as seen in a video guide for a -4PWB router on YouTube.
This should allow the AP to broadcast the CiscoAirProvision SSID inorder for me to access the mobility express web page. This router does not broadcast the SSID and insist going through the controller configuration in the CLI. I'm new to this kind of device and any help will be appreciated

4 Replies 4

pieterh
VIP
VIP

perform this check: 

Determining image on the Access Point

The Cisco 1100 Series ISR access points can either have CAPWAP image or the Cisco Mobility Express image which is capable of running the virtual Wireless LAN controller function on the Access Point.

=================

which means : If you have the CAPWAP image installed, (depends on the ordered SKU) then the AP cannot function stand-alone and so will not activate the CiscoAirProvision SSID
You first need to convert to mobility express image as described in same document

Hey, I checked and can confirm that the AP is definitely running the mobility express Image. 

Do you have any other AP in your network that is running the ME image ?
if so the AP may be registering to this AP's ME controller and not to the local ME controller and copy the configuration from there.

alternatively look at this post and it's solution

Can you reset AP and try again.:

How: When you are prompted for a username, enter recover-config to restore the factory default configuration.

This router is not even connected to any network yet, we just want to test its internal AP to see if it can broadcast the SSID.

Also, I reset it countless times and still can't get it to broadcast. What could the problem be?

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card