Views
Helpful
Replies

Issue with IR1101 device with the ADSL connectivity

Mohammad Saqib
Level 1
Level 1

Hi Guys

I am seeing PPPOE negotiation issue with the newly deployed IR1101 router with the external SFP. We could establish the ppp using the 887 router but we cant on this new IR1101 device, we see PADI, PADO messages in the pppoe debug but it keeps on sending PADR and doesn't receive the response back with the solid carrier detect. I can share the config if required. Please note that the same device works fine on the other site where I believe they must be terminating to different DSLAM and BRAS devices. I can see someone having the same issue but on the 887VAG device (

https://community.cisco.com/t5/routing/strange-issue-unable-to-establish-ppp-with-cisco-887-vag-router/td-p/2588042) where the solution was to use the PPPOA config instead with SNAP encapsulation. but we don't have MUX or SNAP encapsulation type on this device. Any help will really be appreciated, thanks.

1 Reply 1

Giuseppe Larosa
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Hello @Mohammad Saqib ,

you would need to perform a packet capture using a swich with SFP ports and one RJ45 port create a local SPAN session on the switch and connect a PC with wireshark to the destination port.

At this point the port connecting to the IR1101 has to be used as SPAN source both directions tx and rx you can also keep 802.1Q tags if using the appropriate optional command.

Make packet capture and checks if the IR 1101 on the wire receives PPPoE server side frames or not. If it receives them but then they are missing in debug  opens a SR request with TAC

Hope to help

Giuseppe

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card