cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

IWAN APIC-EM APP Generic IP Address Pool - Delete?

Alex Pfeil
Level 7
Level 7

I was looking at some documentation that says after I create a generic IP Address pool, it cannot be deleted.  Is it possible to delete the pool using the API? It looked like there is an API to delete an IP address pool and the generic pool had an id. I tried deleting the pool using the API and the ippool delete function and it did not work.

http://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/solutions/Enterprise/Intelligent_WAN/software/1-4-1/userguide/iwan-ug-1-4-1/iwan-ug-hub-settings.html

Wizard Step 3—Configuring IP Address Pools

Note The generic IP address pool is used for overlay and loopback addresses. The generic IP address pool is divided according to the number of remote sites and service providers as you specify in the IP Address Pools tab. Plan by understanding your future requirements and specify the maximum number of service providers and remote sites that you might choose to deploy. Once the IP address pool settings are specified, they cannot be changed.

Here is part of the Postman API response:

"serviceType": "IP Pool Manager Service",
"failureReason": "Use App specific DELETE API for deleting non-global IP Address Pool.",
"isError": true,
"progress": "IP Pool deletion failed.",

The only other idea I have is to provision a new server and install the app again.

Thanks,

Alex

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Umut Cankardes
Level 1
Level 1

Hi Alex,

No need to reinstall a new server.

You can reset the "grapevine" service with "reset_grapevine" command from CLI via "grapevine" user.

But your CA Cerfiticate and other configurations will be gone according to the questions asked by the APIC-EM.

Regards,

Umut 

View solution in original post

1 Reply 1

Umut Cankardes
Level 1
Level 1

Hi Alex,

No need to reinstall a new server.

You can reset the "grapevine" service with "reset_grapevine" command from CLI via "grapevine" user.

But your CA Cerfiticate and other configurations will be gone according to the questions asked by the APIC-EM.

Regards,

Umut 

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card