Views
Helpful
Replies

IWAN - Hub Master and Border on Same Router

ryan3kip
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

From the documentation, it is stated that the HUB master should be on a separate router from the border. My question is whether the setup with the master and border on the same router will work.

Also, in the current iwan version 2.1 can I have multiple transports i.e multiple MPLS connections on the same border router and setup pfr across these links.

17 Replies 17

Hello.

As far as I know a number is only limited by platform capacity. But BU tests only three per Hub BR (and one of them is PLR).

Is it allowed to use 16.6.1 and 15.7(3)M in a IWAN 2.2 design ?

As you stated

iWAN 2.2.1 was targeted to 16.6.1 and 15.7(3)M

When will IWAN 2.2.1 released ?

Gaurav Mahajan
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

Reference link :-

http://www.cisco.com/c/dam/en/us/td/docs/solutions/CVD/Feb2016/CVD-IWANDesignGuide-FEB16.pdf 

Deploying IWAN Performance Routing (Page 170)

Hub Master Controller— The hub MC is the MC at the primary WAN aggregation site. 

This is the MC device where all PfRv3 policies are configured. It also acts as MC for that site and makes path optimization decision.

There is only one hub MC per IWAN domain, and you cannot configure the hub BR on the same router platform.

• Hub Border Router—This is a BR at the hub MC site. This is the device where WAN interfaces terminate.

There can be only one WAN interface on the hub device. 

There can be one or more hub BRs. On the Hub BRs, PfRv3 must be configured with:

* The address of the local MC

* The path name on external interfaces

* The path ID on external interfaces

Thanks,

Gaurav Mahajan

CCIE (R&S) # 42861

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card