Views
Helpful
Replies

Kill a process in catOS

beckerola
Level 1
Level 1

Hi

I would like to know if it's possible to kill or clear a process that's stuck in catOS. We had a problem of this kind last week, and we was trying to find a way to clear those "dead" processes without having to reboot the supervisor or the entire switch.

I found that in some IOS versions, they include a "kill" command like in Unix, but with this catOS version (8.8.7.7) it seems there's nothing available. We are also trying to find a way to do it through SNMP with some kind of MIB or anything alike.

There's no "clear" command that solves this problem. I already checked.

Thanks

2 Replies 2

Danilo Dy
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

I both manage UNIX/LINUX and CATOS, but this is the first time I heard someone want to kill "dead" processes in CATOS.

Can you post the "show proc" output or whatever command output that shows you the "dead" processes?

A "sh proc" will not give much information since the problem was already solved. The point is that I would like to know if it's possible to clear these dead procesess the next time it happens. I've been looking on Cisco and it seems that the only way to fix this is rebooting the device, unless you are working with IOS-XR which has a "process" command to start/kill services.

Thanks for your reply

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: