cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Laptop not connecting

tcondon
Level 1
Level 1

I'm not sure what I've done wrong here and why the laptop isn't connecting to the router.  Please help.

6 Replies 6

You are using WPA Enterprise on the router and you need to use WPA Personal. I used WPA 2 with AES, could be with TKIP as well.

WPA Enterprise requires you to have a RADIUS server.  WPA Personal you can use PSK.

I used the PSK 12345678 for simplicity.

Look the file attached.

I have a radius server.  I want to know how to get the radius server to work as that is the assignment I have to do.

if you have a radius server then you need to configure the WPA enterprise and under wireless, security, add the ip address of the radius server and the shared secret.

You need to create a profile on device.

Every time I try to create a new profile, it tells me I need to create a new profile.  It doesn't work.

Hello,

which instructions are you following ? The SSIDs on the laptop and the wireless router do not match. The RADIUS server has no IP address, and the profile is using the wrong IP address for the wireless router client.

Attached the revised file (saved in Packet Tracer version 8.1.1, make sure you have that installed)...

This happen cause you are try to connect from the wrong tab. On the profile tab there´s a "conect" as well and you need to connect from there.

But, you need to revise everything.

Make Sure you ser has AAA enable and with proper secret

Make sure your SSID is WPA2 Enterprise

Make sure you create a new profile with all the information.

Find attached a working file for reference. 

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card