cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Limit bandwidth per IP

JATINDER KUMAR
Level 1
Level 1

Dear friends.. very sorry i know this topic has been discussed many time .. but i am not able to get success on this .. please help./.. my setup is ..

VLAN ===> FE 0/1 {With subinterfaces - ALL INSIDE LAN INTERFACES}  ==> ROUTER ===> BVI 0/1 {WAN Interface - OUTSIDE}

i am doing NAT for my clients in LAN to WAN - Static NAT

i want one of my client who is excessing some service with his Public IP to get a specific amount of bandwidth ... as right now he is hogging all the bandwidth .. Please advise...

i have 1841 router.

7 Replies 7

Kuldeep singh
Level 1
Level 1

you can use CBWFQ(Class Based weighted Fair Queuing.)

Dear Mr. singh

can you please guide more on the same.. as i dont have much idea on the same. moreover it wont be class based if i am able to understand correct ... its for all traffic but for specific ip...please advise...Thansk for the reply

guys any help.. m stuck .. please help..!!!

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/ios/qos/configuration/guide/config_wfq.html#wp1041636

In the document are task lists for a variety of queuing mechanisims. Its fairly detailed.  It does appear that cbwfq would give you the control you need.

the only missing link in above all is ... will i be able to configure  it based on per ip bandwidth allocation ... as i can see this all can  doo class or type of traffic .. but not finding per IP./. pleae  advise...

i have FE0/0 as internal and BVI 0/1 as enxternal interface.. if sm1 can please advise me with config example

The class map definintion can be used to specify an acl which can be used to identify the target of the qos policy.

The task list for cbwfq listed in the document above illustrates the how to, and more importantly the sequence of operation.

The acl used to identify traffic must be done first.

a. define class maps

b. specify the source for the class map (acl, interface, protocol)

configure the class policy: this is where you specify the behavior

attach the service policy.

I was after the same thing and managed to get round it by matching the IP address then setting a Qos tag for that traffic. Apply this policy map to the LAN interface inbound. Then create a policy map limiting bandwidth for the Qos tag you marked.

Sent from Cisco Technical Support iPad App

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card