Helpful
Replies

load sharing or redundancy on 2 lease lines

salman abid
Level 1
Level 1

Hi Guys,

kindly check the attached diagram for my question

i'm having 3 live servers in my LAN which are access-able from outside my network. I'm doing NAT for these 3 servers on sonicwall firewall.

earlier we were using ADSL line but now we have got 2 lease lines with 8 public IPs on each lease line and i want to use both lease lines for load sharing or redundancy to access the inside servers.  Both lease line router are cisco1900 series

Want experts reply on below

1- i want a best solution on load sharing or redundancy

2- to achieve point#1 can i use any pool of 8 IPs???

its really urgent

will appriciate the immediate reply.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

daniel.dib
Level 7
Level 7

Do you have control over the Cisco 1900 leased routers? It would be easier to handle it if both leased lines went through one router to do NAT TCP load sharing like this:

http://gns3vault.com/Network-Services/nat-tcp-load-balancing.html

Daniel Dib
CCIE #37149

Daniel Dib
CCIE #37149
CCDE #20160011

Please rate helpful posts.

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3

daniel.dib
Level 7
Level 7

Do you have control over the Cisco 1900 leased routers? It would be easier to handle it if both leased lines went through one router to do NAT TCP load sharing like this:

http://gns3vault.com/Network-Services/nat-tcp-load-balancing.html

Daniel Dib
CCIE #37149

Daniel Dib
CCIE #37149
CCDE #20160011

Hi Daniel,

thanks for you reply but by mistake i have clicked on OCRRECT ANSWER key

yes i have access for lease line router these two routers are in my premises........can we do the load balancing of servers along with redundant Lease lines.????

Hah, guess it's good to get some points because a lot of times people don't rate helpful posts.

Do you have 8 external IPs per ISP, so that's 16 in total? Are all the servers providing the same kind of service? Are people reaching the servers via DNS? If so, how have you setup the records so that all IPs will be used?

Is the Sonicwall capable of doing any kind of load sharing? If you have two default routes will it use them both? Since the Sonicwall is the main point in the network it would be easier if you could setup NAT for all IPs on that device. Otherwise I suppose you could setup NAT on the Cisco devices but it requires that the Sonicwall can load share if you want to use both leased lines.

Daniel Dib
CCIE #37149

Daniel Dib
CCIE #37149
CCDE #20160011

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card