cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Losing my eigrp route table every hour

ro11
Level 1
Level 1

I have set up a straightforward static 1:1 tunnel connecting two remote locations in a Hub and Spoke configuration. EIGRP is in operation between them. Recently, I've observed that the routes are disappearing and reappearing every hour or even minutes, leading to automatic updates of the route table. Despite this, the EIGRP neighbors remain up, and the tunnels remain stable without any flapping. However, the route table is consistently resetting. Remarkably, there are no packet losses or latency issues to the remote hub site. The only notable factor is that the router is situated behind the FTD (Firepower Threat Defense).Another concern is that clients located internally often experience frequent disruptions in their telnet connections to some ERP application on the Hub site. not sure if both issues are related. So i upgraded the router to new code, still seeing routing table is being lost. 

ro11_0-1707998719404.png

ro11_1-1707998014589.png

ro11_2-1707998024301.png

4 Replies 4

Show ip eigrp interface details 

Share this 

MHM

here we go 

sh ip ei int det  & sh ip ei int

ro11_0-1708000337146.png 

ro11_2-1708000362286.png

the RTO is high but under 5000 which OK 
NOW are these perfix from the other Spoke or from Hub (behind hub)
you can add summary at hub for all these prefix and hence any flapping not effect the EIGRP topology 
MHM

Hello,

If you have a Hub/Spoke topology you can try setting the Spoke side to a Stub configuration and on the HUB side point a default summary route on the tunnel interface towards the Spoke. That way its got a default route and not the specifics. If there is a routing flap/change the the spoke wont even know it and the Hub wont query the spoke for lost networks.

-David

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card