cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Mary access to web server?

Mangosteen
Level 1
Level 1

Hello, I'm trying to practice, trouble shooting this network and I can't seen to get Mary access to Internet. Can anybody explain me what are the steps that I need to make in order for her to have HTTP access or what am I doing wrong? 

I'm sorry, super new at this, I don't know how to really share this. Can somebody help me with this too?

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Hello,

as indicated by Luis, some things were missing, such as IP addressing and routing. I have made some changes to establish basic connectivity, have a look at the revised lab file attached. Since you only have two routers, a static default route has been added on both. RouterA has been configured as a DHCP server for your Vlans.

You had the router-on-a-stick partially configured, be aware that the keyword 'native' needs to be added on the subinterface for (in your case Vlan 968) the native Vlan set on the trunk from the switch to the router.

View solution in original post

4 Replies 4

luis_cordova
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Hi @Mangosteen 

I have reviewed the file and there is still much to configure.
I recommend you move forward with topics such as PC addressing.
Routing is also missing, either with static routes or with a routing protocol, such as RIP.
Verify the gateway address of both servers, so that it corresponds to the IP configured on the router.
Above all, pay attention to the ACL configured on one of the routers.
Check the configuration of the switch doors with vlan configured.

If after reviewing these issues you have doubts, post them and we will try to help you.

Regards

Thank you so much for the help too! I learned a lot out of this information.

Hello,

as indicated by Luis, some things were missing, such as IP addressing and routing. I have made some changes to establish basic connectivity, have a look at the revised lab file attached. Since you only have two routers, a static default route has been added on both. RouterA has been configured as a DHCP server for your Vlans.

You had the router-on-a-stick partially configured, be aware that the keyword 'native' needs to be added on the subinterface for (in your case Vlan 968) the native Vlan set on the trunk from the switch to the router.

Thank you so much for the help! it really help me out a lot understanding how it all works 

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card