Views
Helpful
Replies

MGRE(NHRP) with multipoint to point Frame Relay

maham_TR1999
Level 1
Level 1

Hi Comm,

I'm actually getting ready for the 300-101 examn. While studying MGRE over Frame Relay. I've come a doubt which is ; If MGRE Phase 3 goal is to prevent traffic that is sent from spoke to spoke being sent to the hub, how is it possible to acomplish this if only 2 PVC exist inside the frame relay, multipoint to point? I mean, if spoke A wants to sent traffic to spoke B, it forcefully needs to send the traffic to the hub to get throught the other PVC right? Take a look at the topology example I attached.

I've used MGRE solution over ethernet solutions and it really works which its a broadcast multiaccess netowork.

Could You please get this straight for me? I've done my research and testing, unfortunately frame relay is not my best.

Thanks

3 Replies 3

Philip D'Ath
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

If only physical point to point links exist via the hub then yes, spoke traffic would have to traverse the hub, regardless of how the layer 3 topology looks.

So with the previous topology only with 2 PVC, DMVPN would not work?

Yes it will still work. Just the packets will be routed via the head end for spoke to spoke communications.
Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: