Views
Helpful
Replies

MP-BGP on Nexus9k

rohandec1980
Level 1
Level 1

Hi

We have a nexus 9k switch running bgp ipv4 unicast with the CE router. There are multiple vrfs between the nexus 9k and the CE. We have one bgp neighborship between the Nexus 9k and the CE (VRF-Lite).

The nexus 9k have 2 firewalls connected. One firewall is used for multiple traffic and the other is for routing multicast traffic I need to run MPBGP session from the Nexus 9k per vrf to advertise the ipv4 unicast learnt prefixes into MPBGP.

There are nearly about 700 prefixes learnt in the ipv4 unicast address family which needs to be advertised by MPBGP to the multicast firewall.

I need some suggestions to advertise the ipve4 unicast learnt routes into mpbgp:

1. I cannot redistribute the ipv4 unicast routes into ipv4 multicast address family.

2. The other alternative was to use an aggregate-address in the ipv4 unicast address family and then issue a network statement for the aggregate-address in the ipv4 multicast address-family. However the prefixes are not contiguous which makes generating the aggregate impossible.

3. The third option was to redistribute bgp into ospf and advertise the ospf learnt addresses to the firewall. However the current firewall uses a single routing instance, hence routes advertised from OSPF in vrf-a on nexus9k will be learnt in OSPF in vrf-b on the nexus 9k via the firewall. This makes filtering impossible.

Any suggestions on how the prefixes can be advertised into the ipv4 multicast address family?

Regards

Rohan

0 Replies 0
Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card