Views
Helpful
Replies

MPLS circuit ospf network

ohareka70
Level 3
Level 3

Hi,

I work in a large network where we have 60 sites linked up over a radio SDH network.  We are thinking about buying a fixed line (dark fibre) between two of the key sites and bypassing the radio network.  Layer 2 ethernet will be presented by the carrier at both ends of the network and then it will be up to us to connect it to our existing network.  We run an OSPF network with around 5 or 6 areas in it.  Voice will also have to be carried across this fixed line.

Is this a good idea and what possible issues could arise from this?

thanks

Kevin

2 Replies 2

Reza Sharifi
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Hi,

I don't see any issue with it.  It should work just fine. Since you are going to be using fiber vs radio, the network should be a lot more stable specially since you are using it for voice too.

Good Luck

HTH

Do you know how it will integrate into the existing network for failover - i am not sure yet how it will connect into area 0

• Its a transparent Layer 2, un-contended, point to point circuit - is this better than a layer 3 connection
  • Using additional bolt on devices will it support:
    • TDMoIP via circuit emulation services – fully synchronous E1 circuits
    • QinQ (Vlan Stacking)
Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card