Views
Helpful
Replies

MPLS on Nexus 7000

aviyoshi10
Level 1
Level 1

Hi All,

i wanted to know if i can and when i will be able to run the nexus 7000 as a Fully MPLS PE router (L2VPN, L3VPN etc..) ?

the interfeces need to be 10Gbps so i need to use the 8 ports & the 32 ports M1 modules.

thanks,

Avi.

16 Replies 16

hi again

yes the mpls support on the nexus 7000 is there already - if you have a M1/M2 card installed in the box. But we have only a F2 card installed and it is pretty expensive to extend the box with extra hw and licenses to get the mpls support up here. You will need at least a 8 port M1 card, a advanced Ip enterprise license and of course the mpls license itself. I was hoping on that we could get some support for mpls in sw just - maybe not capable of switching terabytes of packets but anyway - running mpls and mbgp etc

regards /ti

ahmedgaily
Level 1
Level 1

Hi all

I have a 7k nexus playing a PE role and i have customer  have 2 sites (CEs) connected to the same PE different ports and he asking for l2 connectivity. all port configure as l3 port (no switchport).

I'm trying to configure xconnect command but i receive below error (local switching not supported).

bridge domain solution's not prefer because its limited as VLAN (4096).

your support please.

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card