Views
Helpful
Replies

MPLS on Nexus 7000

aviyoshi10
Level 1
Level 1

Hi All,

i wanted to know if i can and when i will be able to run the nexus 7000 as a Fully MPLS PE router (L2VPN, L3VPN etc..) ?

the interfeces need to be 10Gbps so i need to use the 8 ports & the 32 ports M1 modules.

thanks,

Avi.

16 Replies 16

hi again

yes the mpls support on the nexus 7000 is there already - if you have a M1/M2 card installed in the box. But we have only a F2 card installed and it is pretty expensive to extend the box with extra hw and licenses to get the mpls support up here. You will need at least a 8 port M1 card, a advanced Ip enterprise license and of course the mpls license itself. I was hoping on that we could get some support for mpls in sw just - maybe not capable of switching terabytes of packets but anyway - running mpls and mbgp etc

regards /ti

ahmedgaily
Level 1
Level 1

Hi all

I have a 7k nexus playing a PE role and i have customer  have 2 sites (CEs) connected to the same PE different ports and he asking for l2 connectivity. all port configure as l3 port (no switchport).

I'm trying to configure xconnect command but i receive below error (local switching not supported).

bridge domain solution's not prefer because its limited as VLAN (4096).

your support please.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card