cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

MTBF for Router 891

amoralc
Level 1
Level 1

Where could I find the MTBF information of this particular product? I am able to find info on other products from the 800 series but not on this one plus there are huge variance between them so Im insecure of picking data of a "similar" unit. Kind regards

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Joseph W. Doherty
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame
If Cisco documents it, it should be on one of the datasheets for tech notes for the device, but I cannot find its MTBF too.

That said, considering other 800 series start their MTBF at 200K hours and range from that to up to about 400K hours (one model even having a 1M hours rating). Further considering there's a tad less than 9K hours per year, and also assuming the 891 is likely also somewhere in the neighborhood of 200 to 400K hours, and lastly knowing MTBF is a statistical computation, (just curious) how important is knowing the actual MTBF?

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2

Joseph W. Doherty
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame
If Cisco documents it, it should be on one of the datasheets for tech notes for the device, but I cannot find its MTBF too.

That said, considering other 800 series start their MTBF at 200K hours and range from that to up to about 400K hours (one model even having a 1M hours rating). Further considering there's a tad less than 9K hours per year, and also assuming the 891 is likely also somewhere in the neighborhood of 200 to 400K hours, and lastly knowing MTBF is a statistical computation, (just curious) how important is knowing the actual MTBF?

Thank you very much Joseph for your quick answer.

For your curioisity I was estimating the total reliability (failure rates on a period of time) of a system including these elements :)

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card