cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Multilink issue

Stewart Thomas
Level 1
Level 1

I have a Multilink with two T1's in the bundle. Been having a weird issue. The multilink will work fine for a few days. Then I will just start dropping a lot of packets. I have contacted my MPLS provider. They see no issue with the circuit. While the multilink is dropping packets I see no errors on either serial interface. I also do not see any errors on the show controller t1. I can take a one of the serial interfaces out of the multilink, then add it back to the bundle the issue will go away for a few days then come back. Been happening for  several weeks now. Start dropping packets take serial link out of bundle add it back  problem goes away then comes back few days later. I have taken off all qos for trouble shooting. Have the same issue with or without qos.

interface Multilink1
ip address x.x.x.x x.x.x.x
ip flow ingress
ppp multilink
ppp multilink group 1
end

int serial 0/0/0:0

no ip address
encapsulation ppp
load-interval 30
no fair-queue
ppp multilink
ppp multilink group 1
end

int serial 0/0/1:0

no ip address
encapsulation ppp
load-interval 30
no fair-queue
ppp multilink
ppp multilink group 1
end

1 Reply 1

Reza Sharifi
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Couple of things you may want to try to narrow it down.  One  would be to do an IOS upgrade and keep an eye it for a while.  If that does not help, than maybe replacing the T1 cards one at a time would help.  Also, to start with you may want to remove "ip flow ingress" if you haven't done so already.

HTH

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card