Views
Helpful
Replies

NAT_FAILOVER_3 ISP

maham_TR1999
Level 1
Level 1

hi guys

I need help with a proyect. I have 3 ISP, and 3 networks that needs to be nat overload to internet.

network 1 nat-overload to isp1

network 2 nat-overload to isp2

network 3 nat-overload to isp3

when isp1 fails the network shall work to this manner.

network 1 nat-overload to isp2

network 2 and 3 nat-overload to isp3

i know i should track my isp uplinks but i dont know how to make the change of network 1 from isp1 to isp2

Thanks

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Francesco Molino
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Hi

To accomplish that task I see 2 different ways:

- tracking interfaces and running EEM script to change the configuration

- using PBR in combination with tracking next hop

These 2 ways are valid but one of them can make more sense based on your design

Thanks

PS: Please don't forget to rate and mark as correct answer if this answered your question

Thanks
Francesco
PS: Please don't forget to rate and select as validated answer if this answered your question

View solution in original post

4 Replies 4

Francesco Molino
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Hi

To accomplish that task I see 2 different ways:

- tracking interfaces and running EEM script to change the configuration

- using PBR in combination with tracking next hop

These 2 ways are valid but one of them can make more sense based on your design

Thanks

PS: Please don't forget to rate and mark as correct answer if this answered your question

Thanks
Francesco
PS: Please don't forget to rate and select as validated answer if this answered your question

Hi Francesco

I shall use EEM maybe, since I will have 3 interfaces VLANS, each destined to nat over a diferrent ISP.

but when the track of the first 1 isp comes up, the config will become normal or should i make another config to make a copy startup-config running

Thanks

With EEM you will need to have a script for each situation that means even a script for the standard nat.

That's why I proposed pbr tracking because it could be easier but this depends on your design

Thanks
Francesco

Hi Maham,

I see some issue here, if you have 3 ISP, why you are terminating all 3 ISP to one router. For redundancy, you should distribute it to different router.

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card