cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

NAT/PAT with two equal networks

mirkormk
Level 1
Level 1

Hi, I am an Italian student. This is my post so I apologize for any grammar or other errors. I am trying to create three networks A, B and C that all communicate with the central network D. I want to put NAT or PAT in order to use a 192.168.1.0 network on LAN A, B.
While on C I use 192.168.2.0 to perform the tests for now. In reality, C should also have 192.168.1.0 as the network address. I look on the Internet I think I understand that in this case the PAT is needed because the idea is that if a PC of network A sends a packet to a PC of network B, the packet should have the IP of the Se2 / 0 port of its router with its a port. All the videos that explained how to configure the PAT use only two networks with different network address. In my case what happens is that the packets are sent randomly between the PCs and that for example if I send a packet from router A to B the packet remains on A with the status "Success".

For the four routers I used class A addresses 10.0.0.x with the subnet mask 255.255.255.252 and the RIP version 2 protocolCiscoDomanda.PNG

1 Reply 1

Hello

RTRs  A,B,C would each perform their own network translation with RTR D being the hub device advertising and performing inter-site routing, as such each spoke site would be seen by the other as being reachable via /30 subnetwork and will have no knowledge of their original 192.168.x.0 subnet

Please rate and mark as an accepted solution if you have found any of the information provided useful.
This then could assist others on these forums to find a valuable answer and broadens the community’s global network.

Kind Regards
Paul
Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card