Helpful
Replies

Need Advice

Alcides Miguel
Level 1
Level 1

Hello folks,

I'm using a

and my partner told me that this version is out-of-sale and I'm messing with my mind if I buy a new one supervisor or migrate to ASR 1000 series

can some please advice me what's the best equipment solution can I use for WAN aggregation I've now 21 remote site and in the end of the year It should reach 50 remote site now using 128k links for remote site but migrating to a MPLS cloud with 2mbps links.

best regards

Alcides Miguel

2 Replies 2

Joseph W. Doherty
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Disclaimer

The Author of this posting offers the information contained within this posting without consideration and with the reader's understanding that there's no implied or expressed suitability or fitness for any purpose. Information provided is for informational purposes only and should not be construed as rendering professional advice of any kind. Usage of this posting's information is solely at reader's own risk.

Liability Disclaimer

In no event shall Author be liable for any damages whatsoever (including, without limitation, damages for loss of use, data or profit) arising out of the use or inability to use the posting's information even if Author has been advised of the possibility of such damage.

Posting

Newer sup is an option for a VXR, but if do consider new series you may not need to jump to the ASR series, as you might find a current ISR model suitable for your needs.  (For example your NPE225 has, on paper, less forwarding performance than a 2901.)

Thanks Joseph,

maybe upgrade the SUP should be an option. But the second option I'm sure should be good ideia use an ISR as a wan aggregation?

best regards,

Alcides Miguel

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card