Views
Helpful
Replies

Need Help On CISCO product registration

wkcalvin888
Level 1
Level 1

Hi All,

I just bought 2 Cisco3750 X Switches, After I open the box, there are too many numbers lables on the switch.

1. Which number is for product registration ?

2. Can anyone give me the link for product registration ?

BTW, can explain to me what is PAK, is it come with the switch ? Where I can find it ? I can find serial number but I don't know how to use it and connect with PAK.

Thanks Very Much

wkcalvin

1 Reply 1

InayathUlla Sharieff
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

HI,

AFAIK, you can go to www.cisco.com and chose "Register" link (upper right corner on the main page).

Then you fill the form (including chosing your login ID and password) and get a basic access to the Cisco web pages.

You should ask your Cisco reseller to provide you with a PICA code.

Then you can update your user profile

"Register for Additional Access" section and get additional rights (download IOS, e.g.).

b) You need to have a valid Cisco.com user ID, you can go to the following

site to register for one:

1- Link to register the product:

http://tools.cisco.com/RPF/register/register.do.

Simply fill out the online form in its entirety (be sure to enter information into every

required field, denoted with an asterisk), and click "Submit". Registration only takes a

few moments to complete.

2-

Cisco PICA Customer Registration Help

Partner Initiated Customer Access (PICA) is a program that allows qualified Cisco Partners to selectively entitle their customers to have registered use of Cisco.com. Customers of Cisco Distributors and Partners will need to be sponsored in advance, in order to register on Cisco.com. More information can be found on the PICA Program page.

http://www.cisco.com/web/help/reg/pica_reg.html

If you need a file urgently and are unable to wait for your registration to be processed, please call/contact Cisco directly. Contact information can be found on the Cisco Worldwide Contacts page. You will need to have a Customer Engineer provide a Special Access Code for you to retrieve the file.

What is a product activation key? What are the different types?

A. Product activation keys (PAKs) are purchasable items, ordered in the same manner as other Cisco equipment, that are used to obtain license files for feature set on specific classes of switches. (See Table 2.)

Table 2. Cisco Catalyst 3750-E PAKs

Product Name

Product Description

3750E-IPS-LIC-B=

IP Services for 3750-E 24 ports, upgrade from IP Base

3750E48-IPS-LIC-B=

IP Services for 3750-E 48 ports, upgrade from IP Base

HTH

Regards

Inayath

*Plz rate if this info is helpfull.

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card