cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Need some information for IOS upgrades

feng.lian
Level 1
Level 1

I can't seem to find a page where they'd put clearly the requirements for IOS upgrades. If I understood correctly, each Cisco device can upgrade to a higher IOS version, depending on the amount of DRAM and Flash installed. My first question is, are you able to say that to install IOS 12.4, you need X amound of DRAM and Y amount of Flash for any Cisco device? Or, does the memory requirement vary for each specific device? If it is the former, I can't a page that list those requirements. If it is the later, I can't easily find a page for each device that list the requirement for the updates.

2 Accepted Solutions

Accepted Solutions

Jerry Ye
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

"are you able to say that to install IOS 12.4, you need X amound of DRAM  and Y amount of Flash for any Cisco device?"

No, you cannot just assume that across all the platforms. For example, for 12.4(24)T3 Advanced Enterprise Service

7200VXR NPE-G2 1024D/256F

7200VXR NPE-G1 512D/64F

3800 512D/128F

2800 256D/128F

All the memory information are listed in the software download page for their Flash and DRAM requirement.

HTH,

jerry

View solution in original post

Hi Feng,

All of the requirements can be found in the Feature Navigator pages.

http://tools.cisco.com/ITDIT/CFN/jsp/index.jsp

HTH

Kevin

View solution in original post

4 Replies 4

Jerry Ye
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

"are you able to say that to install IOS 12.4, you need X amound of DRAM  and Y amount of Flash for any Cisco device?"

No, you cannot just assume that across all the platforms. For example, for 12.4(24)T3 Advanced Enterprise Service

7200VXR NPE-G2 1024D/256F

7200VXR NPE-G1 512D/64F

3800 512D/128F

2800 256D/128F

All the memory information are listed in the software download page for their Flash and DRAM requirement.

HTH,

jerry

Ok thanks. I guess I'll have to look at every IOS image and
build my own table.

Hi Feng,

All of the requirements can be found in the Feature Navigator pages.

http://tools.cisco.com/ITDIT/CFN/jsp/index.jsp

HTH

Kevin

That's a nice reference page. Thanks, bookmarked it.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card