Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Network bandwidth Limitaions

I am Having 11 Mbps Internet from my service provider. I need to divide that to two different network in 60:40 Ratio. I am having a Cisco 3550 Switch for this. Is it possible to do the same configuration? and how?

1 Reply 1

Joseph W. Doherty
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Disclaimer

The Author of this posting offers the information contained within this posting without consideration and with the reader's understanding that there's no implied or expressed suitability or fitness for any purpose. Information provided is for informational purposes only and should not be construed as rendering professional advice of any kind. Usage of this posting's information is solely at reader's own risk.

Liability Disclaimer

In no event shall Author be liable for any damages whatsoever (including, without limitation, damages for loss of use, data or profit) arising out of the use or inability to use the posting's information even if Author has been advised of the possibility of such damage.

Posting

Maybe.

For ingress, you can define a policy that defines two classes and polices your traffic at your 3:2 ratio.  Depending on your traffic, this may, or may not, provide the results you want.

I don't believe a 3550 supports any kind of shaping, so holding your traffic to 11 Mbps, is a problem.

If you're willing to run the interface at 10 Mbps, you can . . .

Use the interface command wrr-queue bandwidth, which allows you to define bandwidth ratios for your 4 egress queues.

PIck two of your four queues, map traffic to them, and assign them the 3:2 ratio you want.

A Cisco paper on 3550 queuing: http://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/support/docs/lan-switching/lan-quality-of-service/24057-187.html

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card