Views
Helpful
Replies

Network setup

noobieee7
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

I have 2 remote sites running BGP with service providers, with AS prepend tweaking on the each site's remote routes. Object tracking is used to tracked the server farm gateway IP addresses so that it can withdraws it primary route advertisement should the server farm gateway IP addresses be unreachable.

Static route is used between the routers and the firewalls and between the firewall and core switches.

At the core switches, I have OSPF running with each set of core switches introducing default routes to the servers farms. Object tracking is used concurrently to ensure that the ISP link is up in order to generate the default routes.

Would there be any routing issues that is foreseen in this proposed topology?

The traffic from the servers at site 1 should tranverse through and fro via site 1 WAN link

The traffic from the servers at site 2 should tranverse through and fro via site 2 WAN link

If site 1 WAN link fail, the default route at site 1 will be withdrawn, traffic from the servers at site 1 should tranverse through and fro via site 2 WAN link

Attached is the topology.

1 Reply 1

Giuseppe Larosa
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Hello noobieee7,

the network diagram looks like well.

I see also that both sites are multihomed to ISP1 and ISP2, so your object tracking configuration has to take care of this.

>>Static route is used between the routers and the firewalls and between the firewall and core switches.

>>At the core switches, I have OSPF running with each set of core switches introducing default routes to the servers farms

I would consider to extend OSPF up to the border routers and to have the border routers to be the ones to inject a default route in OSPF. You can generate the default route only if some eBGP routes are present in the border router meaning the eBGP session(s) are fine or you can use the object tracking on them like now,

What is most important the default route has to be of type  O E1 because you have multiple exit points.

To extend OSPF to the border routers you should run OSPF also on the firewalls.

Hope to help

Giuseppe

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card