Views
Helpful
Replies

new C1111-4P router does not boot anymore

markus_penner
Level 1
Level 1

Hi Community,

I´ve a problem with a new delivered C1111-4p router.

I just wanted to downgrade the IOS-XE to an other version. The IOS-XE which was installed from the factory in the bootflash: was "c1100-universalk9_ias.16.12.05.SPA.bin". So have copied my IOS-XE version (c1100-universalk9_ias.16.06.07.SPA.bin) into the bootflash: and deleted the other one.

I was deleting the whole config an rebooted the router. And now I have got the problem, that the router is stopping the boot procedure at the point "Image validated".

It looks like this ->

Rom image verified correctly

System Bootstrap, Version 17.6.1, RELEASE SOFTWARE
Copyright (c) 1994-2021 by cisco Systems, Inc.

Current image running: Boot ROM0

Last reset cause: LocalSoft
C1111-4P platform with 4194304 Kbytes of main memory

no valid BOOT image found
Final autoboot attempt from default boot device...
Located pnp-tech-time
#

Unsupported package header version (-1347440721)
Located pnp-tech-discovery-summary
#

Unsupported package header version (542463043)
Located memleak.tcl
##

Unsupported package header version (540160049)
Located throughput_monitor_params
#

Unsupported package header version (-1347440721)
Located c1100-universalk9_ias.16.06.07.SPA.bin
###########################################################################################################################################################################################################################################################################################################################################################################################################################################################################################################################################################################################################################################################################################################################################################################################################################################################################################################################################################################################################################################################################################################################################################################################################################################################################################################################################################################################################################################################################################################################################################################################################################################################################################################################################################################################################################################################################################################################################################################################################################################################################################################################################################################################################################################################################################################################################################################################################################################################################################################################################################################################################################################################################################################################################################################################################################################################################################################################################################################################################################################################################################################################################################################################################################################################################################################################################################################################################################################################################################################################################################################################################################################

Package header rev 3 structure detected
IsoSize = 319068160
Performing Integrity Check ...
Performing Signature Verification ...
RSA Signed RELEASE Image Signature Verification Successful
Image validated

Would be very very thankfull for help! Thanks!

4 Replies 4

marce1000
VIP
VIP

- FYIhttps://bst.cloudapps.cisco.com/bugsearch/bug/CSCvt13665

M.

-- Each morning when I wake up and look into the mirror I always say ' Why am I so brilliant ? '
    When the mirror will then always repond to me with ' The only thing that exceeds your brilliance is your beauty! '

Thanks for your answer ....

but I do not have a problem with a ROMMON upgrade. My router has ROMMON version 17.6.1 and I have copied another IOS-XE version to the bootflash and now, the router does not boot anymore.

- From  initial post :     >...So have copied my IOS-XE version (c1100-universalk9_ias.16.06.07.SPA.bin) 

Since you effectively downgraded what happened probably is that this version is not compatible with the current ROMMON version.

M.

-- Each morning when I wake up and look into the mirror I always say ' Why am I so brilliant ? '
    When the mirror will then always repond to me with ' The only thing that exceeds your brilliance is your beauty! '

v.snijder
Level 1
Level 1

It is because you have the factory installed new ROMMON 17.6.1

Read this Field Notice :
https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/support/docs/field-notices/723/fn72304.html

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card