cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

OER Configuration with 2 ISP

logan-7
Level 1
Level 1

I am getting ready to install/configure OER on my Perimeter routers.  So as to better understand what I am asking here is what I have

I have 2 x Cisco 3845 routers  R1 has a TWC internet connnection and R2 has a AT&T internet connection.   I have 5 Perimeter Network ( Public IP addressed) and each router as an Interface in each network.    With a 6th network Between the routers for iBGP routes.

I am using HSRP to on each network so that one of the routers is the default router for Failover.

I now want to go to Load Balancing useing OER with a 3rd Cisco 3845 acting as Master OER router

I have read the documentation on the installation/ configuration and deployment of OER.   My question is    Do I keep HSRP on or remove it.  And if so Which router will be the Default Router for each of the 5 networks?  I am stumbling over this?

thanks

1 Reply 1

Fabrice Ducomble
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

You should keep HSRP. OER will take care of sending back traffic from default gateway (HSRP active) towards other BR if needed (i.e. if selected exit for that TC is on other BR).

In order to provide initial load sharing (for outbound traffic), you might decide to set 1st BR as HSRP active on some of the internal interfaces and the 2nd BR active on the others.

OER will take care of inbound load sharing, using AS prepend or community, depending on your config and agreement with ISPs.

Let us know how it goes.

Thx,

Fabrice

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card