cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

on my router 2912 by default does not create vlan1

vasya5912
Level 1
Level 1

I can not configure any normal port because my router does not work by default vlan1
compared to Cisco Packet Tracer commands sh vlan and show ip int br display vlan and through the program PuTTY connected via SSH to the router sh vlan Ambiguous command and show ip int br does not display vlan1

Знімок екрана 2022-01-16 021546.png

for any help I will be grateful, do not judge strictly only understand the equipment.

6 Replies 6

Francesco Molino
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Hi

On packet-tracer are you sure you're using a real router or it's a switch layer3 named as router?

A router by default doesn't have show vlan command or SVI vlan 1 as it's not a switch and all its interfaces are routed interfaces.

You can have a switch card on a router and the command would show vlan-switch to see vlans.

So you're output on your 2921 is normal and expected.

Thanks
Francesco
PS: Please don't forget to rate and select as validated answer if this answered your question

Без імені.png

 Hi
in packet-tracer used router 2911
but in my default there are no vlan1 and it is not possible to create other vlan (10 100 1005)
why in the pocket tracer on 2911 it is

Без імені 3.jpg

Hello
Your router will work on any vlan you wish it to work on.
If you attach that routers interface to a switch and then assign the switchport of the switch as an access-port in a particular vlan than that router interface work on that particular vlan.

If you attach that routers interface to a switch and then assign the switchport of the switch as an trunk than by default that router interface will be part of vlan 1

Please rate and mark as an accepted solution if you have found any of the information provided useful.
This then could assist others on these forums to find a valuable answer and broadens the community’s global network.

Kind Regards
Paul

Hi, I do not have a switch other than the Cisco EHWIC-D-8ESG expansion card (currently not available), there is another Cisco AIR CAP2702I access point with it, no problems with the settings itself

Без імені2.jpg

I will make the full scheme of the network later in a pocket tracer

you said your card isn't available, can you share the following commands:

- show vers

- show inventory

- show diag

has this card worked once?

what you have on packet-tracer vs real life can be different based on the hardware, versions, extension card...

Thanks
Francesco
PS: Please don't forget to rate and select as validated answer if this answered your question
Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card