Views
Helpful
Replies

Ongoing problem with an AP/VLAN

roncro
Level 3
Level 3

Hello,

I set up an AP (Cisco Aironet 1100) with a native VLAN(37),  and a client VLAN(10). The problem is that when I connect the client (a laptop and/or a cell phone) it doesn't seem to be able to get an IP, I don't evensee a request come in on my router (Cisco 2951). On other VLANs it works (I used a working AP as a template, copied all the info on the switches (Cisco 2960) and also on the router (Cisco 2951).  I can ping the gateway for the native VLAN, 192.168.37.1)  and also the gateway for the client VLAN (192.168.10.1) for VLAN 10. I use he Cisco 2951 also as a DHCP server, I have that working since forever, so I probably amoverlooking something here.

Before I post the configs, for the router, 2 switches and the AP (those are rather lengthy, all together) is there something obvious that I am overlooking?

thanks,

Ron

6 Replies 6

roncro
Level 3
Level 3

By pinging I ,meant, when I log into the AP, I can ping the gateways (192.168.37.1 (native) and 192.168.10.1 (client) and the router/dhcp server) the cleint is supposed to get an address like 192.168.10.37

liviu.gheorghe
Spotlight
Spotlight

Hello @roncro ,

please post the configs for troubleshooting.

Regards, LG
*** Please Rate All Helpful Responses ***

Will do, I'll attach them as  suggested in the post below.

The north switch (2960) is connected to the (2951) router.  The south switch (2960) is connected to the north switch. The AP is connected to the south switch (2960) on port 24

thank you!

Ron

Hello
Have you applied vlan 10 to the the SSID your are broadcasting?
also if you are going to post the cfgs please do so in attached files not directly into the post

Please rate and mark as an accepted solution if you have found any of the information provided useful.
This then could assist others on these forums to find a valuable answer and broadens the community’s global network.

Kind Regards
Paul

Hello Paul,

yes I did, acually when I look at the AP through the webgui,  it shows the laptop is associated with the AP on vlan 10

II'll attach the  configs. 

The north switch (2960) is connected to the (2951) router. The south switch (2960) is connected to the north switch. The AP is connected to the south switch (2960) on port 24

thank you!

Ron

roncro
Level 3
Level 3

btw:   If I connect to VLAN 7, it "just works"  and I can see a DHCP request come in on the router (the AP configs are identica, except for a different SSID) When connectig to the AP on vlan 10 I can't even see a DHCP request come in on the router.

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card