cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Open Range of Ports For NAT

DOUGLAS DRURY
Level 1
Level 1

A 3rd party has asked me to open a range of ports for a new phone system they are installing.  However, I can't figure out how to open a range of ports on my Cisco 1921.  They are asking me to open ports 10000 to 20000 I have done this for port 5060 but that is just one port.

We only have 1 WAN interface (Dialer 1) and the NAT only needs to go to 1 device 192.168.20.240 does anybody have any ideas on how to do this?  I have had a look and can see some people have had mixed results with route maps or they have just ented a thousand lines of NAT.

As I said NATing port 5060 was simple as per below

ip nat inside source static udp 192.168.20.240 5060 interface Dialer1 5060

Thanks

1 Reply 1

Mark Malone
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni
Hi
A route map with an acl for the range of ports , i used that method previously it has worked,
here is an example form another post. Least amount of code anyway on the router to manage compared to static entry's

https://community.cisco.com/t5/routing/static-nat-to-a-range-tcp-ports/td-p/680516
Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card