Views
Helpful
Replies

Ordering ASR 1000

salemmahara
Level 3
Level 3

Hello there

As you can guess, we're ordering Cisco ASR router. But we're facing some problems. So your experience will help.

We found , we can order Cisco device in 2 form:

1. Traditional ( ordering HW + Licenses ).

2. Cisco ONE

------

We decide to go for Cisco ONE, because Cisco is emphasizing on its benefits and flexibility. But I think there are some weakness in Cisco documents ( As always ). Now, I'm asking about dark sides :

1. we are going to order a pair of C1-ASR1001-X/K9. Could you tell me what kind of feature set is included ? What about licenses? I think this P/N only means a 1001-X router with IP Base universal feature set and there is no activated license(AES, IPSec, FW, AV, Prime or....).

2. Are Cisco ONE product line contain of IP Base - Advanced Enterprise and .... ?

3. If the answer of second question is YES, Why they didn't provide P/N of different feature sets for Cisco ONE products?

4. If all features on ASR X series are honor-based, Should we order C1F1PASR1K9 ? If we order this, Should we order SLASR1-AES ( Probably C1-SLASR1-AES ) ?

5. Should we order Feature set and License twice ? ( Or we can buy one and use on several routers ?)

Incomplete documentation ! You can't find P/N C1-SLASR1-AES in any kind of documents.

Please don't refer me to Ordering guide and Cisco ONE ordering guide. I've read them several times. No clear answer for my costly questions. Any wrong ordering is equal to a lot of money.

I'm not going to talk with Cisco Sell ! Because they're not responsible! It's about a week and they didn't yet answer my email. Last ticket tracking says : We've sent your e-mail to pre-sell.

1 Reply 1

salemmahara
Level 3
Level 3

Any experiences ???

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card