cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

OSPF & DHCP Server issue

NinjaTurtle2021
Level 1
Level 1

Hi folks I got another issue with my packet tracer (again lol) 

My OSPF configuration doesn't seem to be working. My DHCP server is not able to deliver IP addresses to my vlans via the OSPF.

Could you please give me a hand with this ? Thanks a lot for your support guys you are so helpful.

You can find the Packet Tracer attached to this post.

2 Accepted Solutions

Accepted Solutions

Martin L
VIP
VIP

Router 4 is missing OSPF configs. R3 and R2 cannot ping DHCP Server.

Is this for CCNA exam? You have DHCP Relay working on right side of R3. that should be enough. Even In real world, you would not ask left side of R2 to go over serial link to get IPs from server.
Remember PT is software sim with limited and missing features. For advanced routing you should use GNS3 emulator.

View solution in original post

got it, that's fine;
also, I noticed that ospf router does not advertise all routes it has. can u spot router and its missing route(s)?

Once you fix OSPF "missing routes" you should get IPs;  I got IPs on Laptop 11 and Laptop 9;  I did test network beyond Router 0 but it should be fine as well

View solution in original post

5 Replies 5

Martin L
VIP
VIP

Router 4 is missing OSPF configs. R3 and R2 cannot ping DHCP Server.

Is this for CCNA exam? You have DHCP Relay working on right side of R3. that should be enough. Even In real world, you would not ask left side of R2 to go over serial link to get IPs from server.
Remember PT is software sim with limited and missing features. For advanced routing you should use GNS3 emulator.

Hi sir thanks for your helpful reply.
In fact it's not for a CCNA exam it's for my first year of networking course. It's just an exercise to practice networking.
I've heard about GNS3 but my teacher wants me to use PT.

got it, that's fine;
also, I noticed that ospf router does not advertise all routes it has. can u spot router and its missing route(s)?

Once you fix OSPF "missing routes" you should get IPs;  I got IPs on Laptop 11 and Laptop 9;  I did test network beyond Router 0 but it should be fine as well

I fixed it it works fine now ! Thank you so much for your support !

Have a nice one :)

Cool!
i see it is working as well; One more thing, I would add spanning-tree portfast default command on all switches. that would speed up process of access ports going up so that end-devices don't fail requesting IPs.
have Fun!
Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card