Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

OSPF configuration

i am adding ospf configuration but don't know if i should use network command in router configuration or i have to enable ospf on the interface 

(config)# router ospf 100

(config-router)# router-id 10.153.106.62

(config-router)# redistribute static subnets

(config-router)# redistribute connected subnets

(config-router)# passive-interface default

(config-router)# log-adjacency-changes

(config-router)# no discard-route

############# should i add network 10.153.106.0  0.0.0.255 area 0 or the interface configuration is enough  ############ 

(config)# interface Vlan 1

(config-if)# description *** OSPF Peering with router2***

(config-if)# ip router ospf 100 area 0

(config-if)# no shutdown

(config-if)# no ip ospf passive-interface 

!

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Hello David

Looks okay to me and yes no need for network command -
Just remember to use : no passive interface xxx for any interface you would like to form an adjacency

Please rate and mark as an accepted solution if you have found any of the information provided useful.
This then could assist others on these forums to find a valuable answer and broadens the community’s global network.

Kind Regards
Paul

View solution in original post

4 Replies 4

Hello

Its much better to apply ospf on the physical interface, it less prone to typos, it only activates ospf on that interface and in newer IOS , opsfv3  and nx-os its the only way.

Please rate and mark as an accepted solution if you have found any of the information provided useful.
This then could assist others on these forums to find a valuable answer and broadens the community’s global network.

Kind Regards
Paul

@paul driver

so paul my configuration is correct like that and no no need to add network command correct?

Hello David

Looks okay to me and yes no need for network command -
Just remember to use : no passive interface xxx for any interface you would like to form an adjacency

Kind Regards
Paul

mkazam001
Level 3
Level 3

you can configure ospf in 2 ways here:

router ospf 100

network 10.153.106.0 0.0.0.255 area 0

or

int vlan 1

ip router ospf 100 area 0

btw, if both these configs were on the same router, the interface config would be used

regards, mk

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card