Views
Helpful
Replies

OSPF inter Router Link

Charlie Grey
Level 1
Level 1

refer to diagram.

Do we need 2 x L3 links btw the 2 LAN router? ie. 1 for area 0 and 1 for area 2??

or recommended just 1 L3 for Area 2??

i am confused.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Hello

those L1-2 rtr will only require an interconnection in area 2 for resilience regards area 2 and it's wan connectivity.

You shouldn't  require an additional interconnection as you have shown in your diagram for area 0 unless that is those two wan rtrs are discontinuous which i assume they are not 

Please rate and mark as an accepted solution if you have found any of the information provided useful.
This then could assist others on these forums to find a valuable answer and broadens the community’s global network.

Kind Regards
Paul

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2

Muhammad Awais Khan
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi,

Your 2 LAN Router does not need to have connectivity with each other. So technically , you will be fine without any links between them. These Routes are serving the role of Area Border Routers which already have one connection to Area 2 while other connection to Area 0

Hello

those L1-2 rtr will only require an interconnection in area 2 for resilience regards area 2 and it's wan connectivity.

You shouldn't  require an additional interconnection as you have shown in your diagram for area 0 unless that is those two wan rtrs are discontinuous which i assume they are not 

Please rate and mark as an accepted solution if you have found any of the information provided useful.
This then could assist others on these forums to find a valuable answer and broadens the community’s global network.

Kind Regards
Paul
Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card