cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

OTV Setup with multiple Layer 3 Point to Point Links and one Nexus 7000 at each site

ryan3kip
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

I have a network setup with one Nexus 7000 at the Primary and the other at the DR.

I have setup otv over a layer 3 point-to-point link between the two sites. Recently a second point-to-point link was provisioned be a different service provider.

How do I setup the OTV so that I can utilize both links to have one link as the active and the second as standby with failover.

Thanks.

5 Replies 5

Bilal Nawaz
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Is your join interface the point-to-point link? Please provide more information...

Please rate useful posts & remember to mark any solved questions as answered. Thank you.

I have two point to point links between the two Sites, I would like to use both interfaces at each site as join interfaces so that the DCI can failover to the second link in case the first p2p link is down.

Form a port-channel. Link with lowest priority wins and will always be active when available. You must specify that only 1 link in the bundle can be used. I haven't tried this config on N7K's so syntax might be a bit different, but this is generally how it would be achieved.

interface Po1

lacp fast-switchover

lacp max-bundle 1

!

interface Ex/x

description PRIMARY

channel-group 1 mode active

lacp port-priority 10

!

interface Ex/x

description SECONDARY

channel-group 1 mode active

lacp port-priority 100

Please rate useful posts & remember to mark any solved questions as answered. Thank you.

Thanks,

I am still facing a challenge as the LACP is not working across the Layer 3 Service Provider links

can you explain a bit more please? what do you see when you do a show port-channel summary?

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card