cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Packet Tracer - Potential mistake or issue

JohnD3D
Level 1
Level 1

So I'm at a bit of a loss with this one. I've already configured it and had it working before, but decided to restart for fun. I typed up all of my actions beforehand, made some shoddy IP addressing tables in Word, and figured that was that. I go back to the base file, reconfigure everything and now it barely works. I don't have enough experience with PT to tell if it is being quirky or if I've missed something shamefully elementary whilst configuring the network. 

The network is a WAN, with a 4 device fully-meshed L2 switched backbone, with network segment(s) coming off each to a rail station. Each of these network segments is within it's own OSPF area, and there is a static GRE tunnel route from one side of the network to the other. It's pretty self explanatory when you look at it.

What I've done:

• Configured OSPF on each area
  • Configured OSPF on all router interfaces facing backbone (area 0)
  • Configured tunnels on necessary routers and provided static route details
  • Configured loopbacks for DR/BDR
  • Configured switchport trunks and access ports as required

I'm not sure if it is allowed, but here is the link to my .pkt file:

https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1EpGUm0XMGszdRBkxvJPOTUB1IIzcy7sb?usp=sharing

Would someone please be kind enough to have a look over it and give me some feedback on it? If the issue is a mistake on my part, please do not tell me the correct answer, just nudge (or throw) me in the right direction. 

1 Reply 1

marce1000
VIP
VIP

- FYI : Community group for Packet Tracer project questions

M.

-- Each morning when I wake up and look into the mirror I always say ' Why am I so brilliant ? '
    When the mirror will then always repond to me with ' The only thing that exceeds your brilliance is your beauty! '
Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card