cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Pasting ACL from ssh

jpazahanick
Level 4
Level 4

I have a situation where if I ssh into a box directly, I can paste a 250 line ACL without issue. If from that router, I ssh to another router and paste the same config, I only can get about 30 lines in. Is there a value I can adjust in IOS to allow a greater buffer? (I'm assuming that's what I'm hit).

FWIW, these are 7609-S with RSP720.

Thanks,

2 Replies 2

gephelps
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Any time I want to paste more than a couple of lines, I put all the commands into a text file. Copy the text file to the flash. Once it is there you can just do something like:

copy flash:config.txt running-config

This will apply all the commands in one shot.

Jeffrey

In my experience of problems such as what you describe the problem really is a mismatch in speed between what your PC generates packets with the ACL update and the speed at which the receiving router can process them and your router is sending at much higher speed than the receiving router can process. I have had good success in resolving this by configuring my SSH client to supply a delay at end of line (and sometimes I also specify some delay between characters being transmitted).

I am not aware of anything that you can do in IOS to resolve this.

HTH

Rick

HTH

Rick
Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card