cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

PAT on Cisco 7301

Kevin Hamilton
Level 1
Level 1

I have a question similar to another asked in this forum but have never found or seen an answer.  Thank you in advance for any assistance you can provide.  

I have a Cisco 7301 that I need to use as a gateway to my private SIP network.  I have configured PAT using the numerous examples I have found searching the net.  Please see attached config.  I can ping 8.8.8.8 from within the router using the "inside" interface as the source.  I cannot get through the router from the inside LAN.  I cannot even ping the WAN "outside" interface of the router.

If there is not an obvious solution to this problem can someone please suggest a different product.  An ASA perhaps that will allow me to NAT 10.7.0.0/16 to a single public IP.

Thank you,

Kevin

16 Replies 16

Kevin

I am glad to know that it is now working and like you I am puzzled at what the issue was. I do not believe that it was an issue about PAT (or NAT) on 7301. I believe that it either was some issue about routing, or about ARP, or about net masks, or something like that.

In your original post you told us that " I cannot even ping the WAN "outside" interface of the router." I do not see how that could be an issue with PAT. It has pretty much got to be some other type of connectivity issue.

HTH

Rick

HTH

Rick

I cannot ping to 10.7.0.50.  It was my laptop and I have it with me on the road.  10.7.0.2 is the only LAN host at this time.  Pinging the private LAN host from the "outside" interface is successful:

E7_SIP#ping 10.7.0.2 source g0/2

Type escape sequence to abort.
Sending 5, 100-byte ICMP Echos to 10.7.0.2, timeout is 2 seconds:
Packet sent with a source address of 66.117.96.80
!!!!!
Success rate is 100 percent (5/5), round-trip min/avg/max = 1/1/4 ms
E7_SIP#

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card