cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

PBR route-map not working in EIGRP routing

I create PBR to divert traffic to next hop but it is not working
not sure where is the wrong config

I have 2 core switches to 2 WAN link with Active-Passive

Not sure where to apply the route-map, either on Outgoing interface or on the SVI

10 Replies 10

@Mohd Khairul Nizam wrote:

I create PBR to divert traffic to next hop but it is not working
not sure where is the wrong config

I have 2 core switches to 2 WAN link with Active-Passive

Not sure where to apply the route-map, either on Outgoing interface or on the SVI

Hello

Does that network you have defined in the access-list of the route-map sit behind the interface you’ve applied the policy route to?

Is the next-hop specified in the policy- route map directly connected?

Please rate and mark as an accepted solution if you have found any of the information provided useful.
This then could assist others on these forums to find a valuable answer and broadens the community’s global network.

Kind Regards
Paul

jalejand
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee
PBR redirects packets from ingress interfaces, PBR happens before the RIB lookup process, if a packet is already destined to go out an specific interface, it is because it already did a RIB lookup.

If your SVI is the ingress routed interface, then PBR should be placed there.
You can check if your PBR is successful when looking at counters under the #show route-map (name) command.

On a side note, which is the model and version of the switches you are running?

ok, now i apply the route-map into the SVI instead
but traceroute from host to destination still not reflect it to go to next hop

both Core SW is 4506 chassis

Please attach the following (from both cores)

#show ip cef 10.51.161.22
#show ip cef 10.111.123.95
#show ip route 10.15.7.9
#show ip cef 10.15.7.9
#show run int vlan (SVI number)
#show route-map ibmbackupsvr

#show module

as attached
is it maybe bcoz SVI is HSRP primary on Core 1?

Hello,

post a schematic drawing showing how network 10.51.161.0/25 is connected to the core switches, and how the next hop, 10.15.7.9, is connected to the core switches.

Also check your IP addressing: on Core1, 10.15.7.4/29 is not on the same subnet as the next hop, 10.15.7.9, while on Core 2, 10.15.7.12 is (on the same subnet as the next hop, 10.15.7.9).

Subnet 10.15.7.0/29

Host Range: 10.15.7.1 - 10.15.7.6

Subnet 10.15.7.8

Host Range: 10.15.7.9 - 10.15.7.14

attached diagram would help to understand 

Clearly the original configs that you posted were not correct since the ip policy was not applied on the interface where the data arrives at the switch. Can you post the current running config? We would like to see the result of the config changes that you made. In addition to the config it might be helpful to see the output of the commands show route-map and of show access-list.

HTH

Rick

HTH

Rick

i have found the solution and resolve this.
both my core have HSRP for the SVI.

currently the SVI is HSRP primary and connected directly to MPLS link 1.
Need to make the SVI as HSRP secondary than it able to next hop to another MPLS lin

Thanks for the update to let us know that you have found a solution for the problem. I am glad that you have been able to work this out successfully.

HTH

Rick

HTH

Rick
Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card